Hello BVARC!

It is April again, and we're changing things up just a bit this time
around. This morning we will have our first (in a very long time) in-person
ONLY BoD meeting at Bayland Community Center. This month's Brewery for
Brews with BVARC will be the (now mainstream) Karbach brewery in Houston.
We're just a couple of months from Field Day 2024 so look forward to some
more information on that in the weeks ahead. Our topic for this month's
General Meeting will be "Invisible Coax" from Chuck Abramson (K9FCA) from
ABR Industries.

As always, please check out our website BVARC.org <http://bvarc.org/> for
updates, and for information on our weekly in-person events, nets, and
other resources. The April Newsletter has been posted on the BVARC.org
website (link here <https://bvarc.org/newsletter/202404.pdf>). Don't forget
about our social media as well! We have a Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/bvarc/>, a Discord Server
<https://discord.gg/kwVGeXM7UH>, and YouTube channel
<https://www.youtube.com/bvarc> for the club. Add the BVARC Calendar to
your calendar app (by clicking the link here
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=YTk0YTkxYmRhNWU3ZmY3ODhkNjFjOWExNWVjNzY5M2VlYjUzM2IxYTE1YTc4NDlmNDM4MTRmNzI3NzZlNWNmY0Bncm91cC5jYWxlbmRhci5nb29nbGUuY29t>),
all events for the next 30 days should be on that calendar as well as
others as we confirm their dates.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
*BVARC Calendar for April 2024:*

*BVARC Board of Directors Meeting*
*Saturday April 6th at 9:00am*

The BVARC BoD has been meeting Sundays on Zoom, but because of an interest
expressed by members the BoD will be having an in-person only (NO ZOOM)
meeting at Bayland Community Center this month. I hope to see plenty of
members come out to the meeting in-person to join us.The BVARC BoD is here
to serve you, so please attend and let your voice be heard.

*Where:*

Bayland Community Center
6400 Bissonnet St
Houston, TX 77074

*BVARC VE Test Session*
*Saturday April 6th at 10:30am*

You can sign up now on our website (BVARC.org
<https://bvarc.org/home/ham-radio-license-testing-houston/>) to take an FCC
license exam to get your ham radio license or upgrade to General or Extra.

*Where:*

Bayland Community Center
6400 Bissonnet St
Houston, TX 77074

*Brews with BVARC*
*Tuesday April 9th at 6:30pm*

For April we'll be heading to Karbach Brewery in Houston. They're a very
well known brewery in Houston that has exploded in popularity in the past
few years. They have plenty of food and are open until 10pm so it should be
a great location for this month's event.
*Where:*

Karbach Brewing Company
2032 Karbach St,
Houston, TX 77092

*BVARC General Meeting*
*Thursday April 11th at 7:00pm*

The BVARC General Meeting will be on April 11th and we will have a special
presentation from Chuck Abramson, K9FCA, of ABR Industries. He will be
doing a presentation on their new line of coax that promises to
"revolutionize the two-way radio industry". Doors open at 7:00pm, and the
meeting starts at 7:30pm. There will be tacos chips and salsa served by the
BVARC Food Team.

*Where:*

Volunteer Fire Station #4

16005 Bellaire Blvd.

Houston, TX 77083

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

That's the rundown that I have for now. I will keep the updates coming
throughout the month, so stay tuned. Please reach out to me or
any BVARC board member if you have any questions or concerns about our club
events, volunteering, or anything else ham radio related. We're here for
you!

Thanks for being a member. Thank you for your time and 73 everybody!

Kori Rahman, WX5KR
*Brazos Valley Amateur Radio Club*

*Vice-President and Club Call Sign KK5W Trustee*
Cell: (770) 298 8516

kori...@gmail.com