-------- Original message --------From: yeffel via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Date: 4/9/24  8:46 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
<bvarc@bvarc.org> Cc: yeffel <yef...@gmail.com> Subject: Re: [BVARC] local
radio shop recommendations A bit off topic but what are the radio shops in
Houston if you did want service?  Or to get a mobile rig installed in an
automobile.I only know of River Oaks Car Stereo but maybe there are other spots
that are trustworthyOn Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 8:30 PM Steve Clark via BVARC
<bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:I agree with Mike.  I’ve had to send a radio back to
Yaesu for repair due to my error.  They were reasonable and fair to me.  I have
an FT-991 and if something were to happen to it, I would send it back to Yaesu
for repair.  They aren’t in the business of screwing over the folks who buy
their radios. SteveKG5ICR From: BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> On Behalf Of
Mike Hardwick via BVARCSent: Tuesday, April 9, 2024 5:33 PMTo: BRAZOS VALLEY
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB <bvarc@bvarc.org>Cc: Mike Hardwick <n5...@att.net>; Jason
Althaus <jalth...@comcast.net>Subject: Re: [BVARC] local radio shop
recommendations I would send it to Yaesu. They have the right parts, know how
to work on the equipment and have a warranty. Mike Hardwick.On Apr 9, 2024, at
5:30 PM, Jason Althaus via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:Looking for
recommendations for a local radio shop to replace the finals in my yaesu
ft-991a. Repair seems a little bit more tricky than I think I could do Kind
Regards,Jason Althaus kj5eqqjalth...@comcast.net