I hope everyone is well. The following email contains my personal observations,
which unfortunately lean towards a negative aspect.

Yesterday, we encountered the effects of inclement weather. I was curious about
the response of our dedicated emergency Ham radio Operators, who annually
invest their time and effort in training for such situations.

I understand during storms, it's crucial to disconnect antennas, either before
or after the event. I didn't notice any activity on the radio during this time
eighteen before or after. I tuned in to some net in Alabama and Florida, where
they were actively discussing and preparing for the weather; Dallas also seemed
to have a few emergency net in place yesterday.

A week ago, during a "stir crazy net," someone mentioned that during previous
hurricane events, there was little to no activity from the Ham radio emergency
group/team.

Here are some questions to consider:

- Should our approach be reactive or proactive?
- When is it appropriate for the Ham radio emergency responders to be activated?
- Are all members of the Emergency Ham radio group in Fort Bend or Harris
County physically capable of assisting when needed?
- Should we consider collaborating with other Ham radio organizations, such as
those in Florida, to glean insights from their experiences?

And there could be additional questions to explore.

I don't intend for this to prompt rude or sarcastic responses. Given that we
are in Houston, and with the upcoming hurricane season predicted to be quite
active and unique, I've shared a lot of relevant data on my Weather Facebook
page.

Does BVARC have a dedicated emergency response team to assist communities in
need?

These are just observations, with safety in mind.