From: BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> on behalf of John Parmalee via BVARC
<bvarc@bvarc.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2024 6:43:41 PM
To: m...@w5nc.groups.io <m...@w5nc.groups.io>; 'BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO
CLUB' <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Cc: jparma...@aol.com <jparma...@aol.com>
Subject: [BVARC] "Work 6 popular bands; 80 thru 6 meters with a single, highly
efficient vertical radiator only

I have a Butternut HF6V six band vertical antenna I purchased for $75 and have
never used and do not want to take it with me as I move.  You can have it for
the $75 I paid. I see them on EBay for four times that and new from DX
engineering for $839.00.   There are some plastic insulators that you will
probably want to replace.  DX engineering now owns butternut and all the parts
are there.
 “Work 9 popular bands; 80 thru 6 meters with a single, highly efficient
vertical radiator only 26 ft. tall! The HF9v is designed with large diameter
tubing for the coils that enhances overall performance, The bandwidth is very
narrow on 80 meters which is to be expected given the 26 ft tall radiator. I
did work JA's on 80 meters from the east coast which for a simple vertical is
quite a good QSO’” says a review. You will need radials for the best
performance.
John K5VGM
281-380-3811