In addition or alternative, we could suggest a service:

http://www.opendns.com/solutions/homenetwork/

"How do I start using OpenDNS?  Take 2 minutes and change your DNS.
Nothing to download or install, and OpenDNS is free."

I use OpenDNS for its DNS service, which has worked great.  However, I
have never tried its content blocking, so I don't know how good or bad
it is.

Regards,
- Robert