Actually guys, PIII is better than P4
I would thrash P4 for being power hogs and keep PIIIs
Starting to get any multi core CPUs in yet?
Intel dropped the P4 mess and went back to PIIIM to move forward to
the modern processors.
So PIII was a good one. Don't trust that bigger numbers are always
better, that's what got Intel into trouble...
Faster and faster clock speeds until the chips just about glowed from the heat.

Doual and quad core Xeons will make a much more fun cluster if you
want to play with that.
Maybe could sell compute time? Or at least get involved in one of the
big compute bound projects?

http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/3647931/Got-Some-Spare-CPU-Cycles-Sell-Them.htm
or similar.

Gavin