On 07/25/2012 01:29 AM, Ghennadi Procopciuc wrote:
Hi all,

We discovered a bug that occurs in two situations :

1.When many responses come simultaneously, c-ares reads only the first; after
that,
    it awaits another notification for each of them. However,  until a read
does not return EAGAIN

    epoll does not send notifications for that socket anymore.

2.A big DNS message is divided in several IP packets, c-ares is expected to read
    the full message or to receive EAGAIN. This works appropriately for UDP but
not TCP.

I attached a patch that fixes these issues.

Maybe using a while loop would be a little more intuitive?

Thanks,
Ben

Thanks,
Ghennadi