C-ares does not have the capability to perform DNSSEC  validation on its own.

On 1/13/22 12:44 PM, Anant wrote:
Thanks Brad! appreciate the quick response.

Our query was in the context of a "Security-Aware Resolver" using C-ares. We were wondering if something similar to what "bind" provides is there in C-ares too.

I see that there are some relevant changes in ares_nameser.h but do not see anything relevant while creating queries/parsing answers.

Is C-ares not intended to be used by "Security-Aware Resolvers"?

Regards
Anant