Hello team!

I just wanted to announce that https://c-ares.org is now hosted by GitHub Pages (with a custom domain) rather than a dedicated server that Daniel has graciously maintained all these years.

Any distributions that are currently pulling packages from https://c-ares.org/download/c-ares-X.Y.Z.tar.gz (or even the legacy https://c-ares.haxx.se) are now broken.  Please update your packaging scripts to point to the github release assets, which is now the official repository for signed release packages.

On another note, there is now a new package signing key approved for upcoming releases, mine :)

Brad House <b...@brad-house.com> - DA7D64E4C82C6294CB73A20E22E3D13B5411B7CA
https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xda7d64e4c82c6294cb73a20e22e3d13b5411b7ca

We will likely be trying this out for the c-ares 1.30.0 release tomorrow am (EDT), and track what fallout arises.

Please note that Daniel's signing key is still valid and he may perform additional releases in the future as well.  This just adds redundancy to the release process so we're not blocked on any single individual.

For updated download links as well as information on valid signing keys, please see https://c-ares.org/download/

Thanks!

-Brad House