Hello,

I am writing a utility for the University of Michigan to transfer mail
from legacy Eudora mailboxes to a new Microsoft Exchange e-mail server.
It is being developed, and will be run on, Windows 2000 machines.  Much
of the code is taken from your imapcopy utility, along with some added
text parsing to clean up idiosyncrasies with the Eudora mailbox format.

My utility works just fine when I don't make an SSL connection to the
Exchange server, however when I do add /ssl to the server name, I am
witnessing some strange behavior.  When copying large mailboxes, it will
get about half way through the append (using the mail_append_multiple
function) and then the connection will close.  Here's a sample of the
output:

000002a4 OK [APPENDUID 98056 672] APPEND completed.
[[APPENDUID 98056 672] APPEND completed.]
000002a5 APPEND Eudora-Mailboxes/In.mbx () "14-Feb-2002 11:57:34 -0400" {2750}
+ Ready for additional command text.

[Winsock cleanup]
[[CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)]
?[CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)
?Can't append message to mailbox
{lsa-mp.lsa.adsroot.itcs.umich.edu:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert/user="jlambers-test"}Eudora-Mailboxes/In.mbx
-- aborting

It will reconnect when it moves on to the next mailbox.  Unfortunately, it
won't resume the append that was aborted, so the result is that only part
of the mailbox gets copied.

I was thinking that this looks similar to the FAQ on your website
(incomplete SecBuffer exceeds maximum buffer size), however I am building
with c-client 2001a, so I think that problem should be fixed, correct?

If you have any advice, or need any further info, please feel free to
contact me.

Jonathan Lamberson
LS&A Information Technology
The University of Michigan