I just installed the new UW IMAP server.  I run Linux Mandrake 8.1.

My mail clients (KMail, Netscape, and Squirrelmail) either report that there
are no messages or that there is an error. For example, Squirrelmail says
that LOGIN is unsupported. Netscape says there are no messages.

I tried the prebuilt imap-bin.linux-redhat build from UW's ftp and also
built my own, and both give the same results.

According to the recommendation in the IMAP FAQ, I have looked, and there is
mail in the file /var/mail/spool/andrew for the account I'm interested in.
It's also valid. The first few bytes read "From..."

Is my imapd built with the wrong options (the wrong authentican method), or
is it looking in the wrong place for the mail, or is postfix putting the
mail in the wrong place? Do I need to worry about different kinds of
mailboxes?

When I telnet to the server (telnet localhost 143), shouldn't I be able to
type "a001 login andrew password"?  I tried that, and the server responds
"a001 BAD Command unrecognized: LOGIN."

Andy
Is Jesus Christ the Answer?  Find out!
http://www.christiananswers.net/gospel/index.html