On 2 Feb 2003 at 23:28, Mark Crispin wrote:
> These commands copy messages from a traditional UNIX format mailbox to an
> mbx-format INBOX.  They do not delete the messages from the traditional UNIX
> format INBOX.
Hmmm, well after the first open on the mbx all the messages are moved from
the mbox file, it gets left at 556 bytes.

> Since an open sesion on an mbx-format INBOX automatically moves (copies
> and deletes) any messages found in a traditional UNIX format INBOX to the
> mbx-format INBOX, that explains the duplicate messages.
Well the dupes only show up on the imap client end (outlook express), pine
does not show any dupes. <shrug>

> That is also why I suggested just creating the mbx-format INBOX, and let
> the next user session do the message moving.
Each time I open the mbx, it moves all mail from the mbox (fetchmail is
adding to the mbox files every 5 minutes or so) and that seems fine, but
ideally I'd love to completely dump use of mbox altogether if at all
possible.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting