I'm considering merging 3.0-unstable back to trunk, now that most of the major reorg has taken place.

But I'd love to hear from other committers or contributers on whether:

- You'd like to wait for a merge until we get other platforms working? - You have other platform changes you're planning to contribute soon to 3.0-unstable?

If there is no outcry to _NOT_ merge, I'd rather do so sooner, rather than later. If nothing else, this should help motivate getting the rest of the changes done ;)

James.

As a reminder, here are a few snippets from releaseplan.xml pertinent to our current state:

                    Basic posix support - James<br/>
(done):        Mac re-port/test - James<br/>
                    Windows re-port/test - Alberto<br/>
(some working): Linux re-port/test: Gareth, Alberto [VMWare (Red Hat 9, Red Hat 7.3) and I can add more],
                        Scott Cantor [test], cargilld [w/ xlC]<br/>
                    Solaris - Scott Cantor [test]<br/>
                    Cygwin - Neil<br/>
                    MingGW - Alberto<br/>
                    Interix - Alberto<br/>
                    AIX - cargilld<br/>
                    OS390 - cargilld

(the following is mostly done, apart from additional needed per-platform checks:)
                Jason Stewart,
                Scott Cantor,
                John Snelson