Yes that really worked after I called adoptDocumet and delete parser.
Thanks.
Alberto Massari wrote:
>
> You should release the parser in order to avoid the memory leak; in
> order to avoid the crash, you should "adopt" the DOMDocument returned by
> the parser (or it will owns it) by calling
> setFeature(XMLUni::fgXercesUserAdoptsDOMDocument, true) before parsing.
>
> Alberto
>
> plele wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am using xerces 2.7 version in parsing xml file in C++
>> I tried the following code to parse an xml buffer in memory.
>> But this code leaks memory in line 3 when I create DOMBuilder
>>
>> // instantiate the DOM parser.
>> static const XMLCh gLS[] = { chLatin_L, chLatin_S, chNull };
>> DOMImplementation *impl =
>> DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation(gLS);
>> DOMBuilder* parser =
>> ((DOMImplementationLS*)impl)->createDOMBuilder(DOMImplementationLS::MODE_SYNCHRONOUS,
>> 0);
>>
>> MemBufInputSource mis (
>> reinterpret_cast<const
>> XMLByte*>(m_xmlBuffer.c_str()),
>> m_xmlBuffer.length(),
>> "standard_xml",
>> false );
>> Wrapper4InputSource Is (&mis, false);
>> DOMDocument* m_doc = parser->parse( Is );
>> m_doc->release();
>>
>>
>> The Rational Purify tool to detect memory leak shows
>> [I] MPK: Potential memory leak of 4728 bytes from 232 blocks allocated in
>> xercesc_2_8::MemoryManagerImpl::allocate(UINT) [XERCES-C_2_8D.DLL]
>> xercesc_2_8::MemoryManagerImpl::allocate(UINT)
>> [F:\WORKDIR\WORDPARSER\DEBUG\XERCES-C_2_8D.DLL]
>>
>>
>> Also I cannot release the parser as it crashes. Is there any way to
>> delete
>> the parser OR
>> Is there any way to avoid the memory leak, what needs to be done as this
>> is
>> causing a big leak if I use large number of xml files.
>> Please suggest what needs to be done to prevent the memory leak .
>>
>> PL
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
>
>
>
--
View this message in context:
http://old.nabble.com/xerces-DOM-Parser-leaks-memory-%28xerces-2.7%29-tp26282418p26314227.html
Sent from the Xerces - C - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]