I have prepared a hopefully-final distribution for testing [1] as a release
candidate. The filenames are identical to the eventual release.

I fixed the distribution last night to include all missing content that was
present in the 3.1.1 distribution, including the HTML site and API docs. If
anything is still missing, please let us know.

This distribution also contains the old tools/ directory for building the site,
because the distribution was big enough already without it making much
difference. One less separate file to post.

There are no code changes between beta-2 or beta-3 and this release, only
distribution content.

-- Scott

[1] https://people.apache.org/~scantor/