On 7/8/15, 6:07 AM, "rle...@codelibre.net" <rle...@codelibre.net> wrote:

>I didn't see any response to this unless I missed it.

There is very little active energy around this project, you'll get a sense of
that from the list archives.

>The following patch demonstrates a possible fix for VC12, which should
>apply to all previous versions as well.

You can file issues and attach patches in Jira [1] so that if there ever is a
release, there's at least the possibility it might get included. The mail
archive alone won't lead to that generally.

>Regarding CMake support, this discrepancy could have been easily avoided
>by having a simple feature test and option for ICU support, rather than a
>combinatorial explosion of configurations, platforms and VC versions.  My
>offer to add such support still stands, should you wish to take advantage
>of it.

Just a personal perspective, but everybody has their favorite tools and the one
common denominator is that nobody else knows them and that means unless you're
prepared to be "the" guy for an extended period, the payoff isn't generally
worth it.

I'm not arguing for the current state, just noting the problem with anything
that's not familiar to the masses. Features aren't usually enough.

-- Scott

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESC