> Unless the decorated name of the enum includes the number of values, it
> should not change, and the ABI stays the same.
> It may require that the developer handle the new error code, but I doubt
> that it happens very often. So, I think a 3.1.4 release is ok.

I was more concerned about all the other generated artifacts, like the error
messages. I wasn't sure if any of that generated new symbols that get exported.
Don't have a wealth of time available to really test that out. I don't think it
would be a breaking change in the C++ sense, more that it would be a new
revision of the ABI and the library doesn't support interface revisions via
soname.

-- Scott