Hi Scott,

I wanted to check with you what the policy was regarding the requirement for an Apache CLA for code contributions.  Does this apply for the case of simple and obvious one-liners and other fairly trivial fixes as opposed to more substantial work which is actually creative?

Are there any official Apache guidelines here? Is there any allowable discretion?

In the case of some of the open PRs on GitHub, like https://github.com/apache/xerces-c/pull/7/files and https://github.com/apache/xerces-c/pull/8/filesfor example, is there a requirement to insist on a CLA for these?  Were we to independently redo this, the solutions would be exactly the same.  And https://github.com/apache/xerces-c/pull/3/files boils down to a single #if addition along with a trivial documentation update.

Thanks,

Roger