On 06/04/2020 13:28, Cantor, Scott wrote:
On 4/6/20, 8:24 AM, "Roger Leigh" <rle...@codelibre.net> wrote:

It should be pretty simple for any Apache contributor to push any
potential update as a feature branch to GitBox and then check the CI run
passes, prior to merging to an integration branch.  This will ensure
that no regressions should be present on an integration branch.
I see the value (depending on the actual complexity of the change), but I'm not
sure what access rules are in place around branches (e.g. can people delete
them? push non-ff updates?), and having a giant accumulating pile of feature
branches is its own problem, so that's what I meant by us not really having a
clear set of policies around it.

You can simply delete the branch once you're done with it.  With GitHub, you can delete the branch on PR merge (and it's also gating merge on CI tests passing).  With GitBox, you would have to manually merge and then delete the feature branch.  I'd certainly recommend deleting them to avoid the unnecessary clutter of stale branches building up over time.

You probably saw the notifications for the ci-test branch I used earlier today to trigger the test runs of the current master and xerces-3.2 branches.  I simply pushed :ci-test to delete it once the runs were completed.

Regards,

Roger