Cantor, Scott <canto...@osu.edu> writes:

> As is apparent from the Jira messages, I'm starting to look at
> a 3.3.0 to fix a bug in the Curl support along with some miscellany.

Great, thanks for your effort!

> ETA is probably October some time.

I would be happy to package the RC and test it on our 100+ build
configurations.

> Probably the biggest WTF issue is that the non-curl socket
> NetAccessors all appear to be broken, and I've no idea why,
> though I can reproduce the hang certainly. Can't believe nobody's
> ever used them, but...anyway, I can't fix them since I don't
> know what's wrong with them.

Having network support in an XML parser is, IMO, a misguided idea
and I believe nobody really uses this functionality for anythin
serious.

FWIW, in our package, we have network support disabled by default
and if it's enabled, then we only support the libcurl backend.

Perhaps, seeing that we are bumping the version, it also makes
sense to disable network support by default in CMake/Autoconf
builds (or maybe they are already disabled)?