This sounds like a key improvement to Cactus. After all, why have a client-side component at all? Perhaps webrunner will replace <cactus> entirely...

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to
display results in end. any ideas?

I think ServletTestRunner already provides an output mechanism, but frankly I am not familiar with it.

I think it's a great idea and I'm happy to have you contributing.

Cheers,
Nick