Hi Vincent,

as you might have noted, I uploaded the patch to one of the issues.
As this is my very first patch to an OpenSource project, don't be shy about critics.... ;-)

Seeing all this references to Cargo, and comparing this to my note regarding deployment in an earlier mail, what are your plans with the 'Cargo refactoring'?

To me, this looks like it would be totally sufficient, if all containers supported the nested <startup> and <shutdown> tags, or something similar.

From the point of view of usability, it might be best, if we deprecate <startup> and <shutdown> and reimplement these tags as subtags <beforeTest> <afterTest> in AbstractContainer, the rationale beeing, that the user remains free to choose, what ever he wants to do (deploying, bouncing the container) with what ever means he likes to utilize.

This would also avoid to introduce the cargo classes as dependency into Cactus.

Opinions?

Thomas