Getting an "Error instantiating class" error when trying to run a cactus test using with WebLogic 6.1

The test I have created is very simple, it has a single test method that is empty.

If this test case extends the cactus ServletTestCase class directly everything works okay.

I get the above error when introducing a class between the ServletTestCase and my test case...

-----------------
|ServletTestCase|
-----------------
/\

|------------------|
|BaseCactusTestCase|
|------------------|
/\

|----------|
|MyTestCase|
|----------|

I have read through previous posts and this error occurs when the test case can be found in more than oe place.

My ear contains a war and a number of utility jars. Only the war contains the BaseCactusTestCase and MyTestCase.

The war has the following structure...

web-inf
weblogic.xml
web.xml