Hi Wenzhou,

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:19:40 -0700,
Wenzhou Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Wenzhou> I get the same error when I try to run the servlet sample's bundled
with
Wenzhou>    jakarta-catus-13-1.7.2(see the error message below). Where should I
Wenzhou> add the tomcat5x element ({tmocat5x.home}/conf/server.xml?)

The tomcat5x element should be in your ant script.
Please take a look at Ant Integration pages:
        http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/index.html
        http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/howto_ant_cactus.html
        http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/task_cactus.html

The cactus ant task (tomcat-5x) doesn't use ${tomcat5x.home}/conf/server.xml
to start a tomcat instance as default, but does use a generated one.
The NamingException arises because the server.xml file generated
by cactus ant task is not suitable for Tomcat-5.x, unfortunately.

To avoid the error, you can specify a server.xml,
which is used by cactus ant task to start the tomcat instance,
as a serverxml attribute of the tomcat-5x element.

Hope this helps,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI