Hi Miroslav,
  I appreciate your attempt to answer.But to be frank
I am not sure what you mean.Could you modify my code
snippet & let me know how you do it programmatically?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
 Prithvi
http://www.prithvibhat.com

--- Miroslav Šulc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Prithvi,
>
> I'm still in the "before newbie" stage but I guess
> it won't work the way
> you expect. I think it works this way:
>
> You say: "Hey, give me  http://localhost/";
> And you get: "Hey, you should send request for
> http://localhost/default.html (or
> http://localhost/tp/default.html) to
> the server"
>
> And then in the next request you can get the content
> of the page you are
> redirected to. So what you get is the information
> that you should send
> request for another page, not the new page itself.
> You'll get the new
> page on the next request (if you make the next
> request).
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> --
> Miroslav
>
> Prithvi Bhat wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >    I am going mad with testing servlet
> redirections
> > using cactus.There are tons of articles on cactus
> on
> > the internet.None of them did help.I bought
> Vincent
> > Massol's book "Junit in Action" that too did not
> help.
> > Any one's help in this regard would be deeply
> > appreciated.
> >
> > My sample servlet to be tested is as below
> >  ==============================================
> >
> >    import java.io.IOException;
> >    import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;
> >    import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse;
> >    import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;
> >

> >    public class SampleServlet extends HttpServlet
> >    {
> >
> >        public void RedirectPage(HttpServletRequest
> > request,HttpServletResponse response)
> >       throws IOException
> >        {
> >             String strRedirectorFlag =
> > request.getParameter("strRedirectorFlag");

System.out.println("strRedirectorFlag"+strRedirectorFlag);

response.sendRedirect("http://localhost/default.html";);

response.sendRedirect("http://localhost/tp/default.html";);
> >             }
> >
> >       }
> >   }//class SampleServlet

> > My test servlet is as below

> >    import java.io.IOException;
> >    import junit.framework.Test;
> >    import junit.framework.TestSuite;
> >
> >    import org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase;
> >    import org.apache.cactus.WebRequest;
> >    import org.apache.cactus.WebResponse;
> >
> >    public class TestSampleServlet extends
> >    ServletTestCase
> >    {
> >
> >        public void beginRedirection(WebRequest
> > webRequest)
> >        {
> >
> webRequest.addParameter("strRedirectorFlag","1");
> >        }
> >
> >        public void testRedirection()
> >        throws IOException
> >        {
> >            SampleServlet servlet = new
> > SampleServlet();
> >
> >            servlet.RedirectPage(request,response);
> >        }
> >
> >       public void endRedirection(WebResponse
> > webResponse)
> >       {

System.out.println("Response"+webResponse.getText());

assertTrue("udupi",webResponse.getText().indexOf("<TITLE>prithvibhat.com