I have deployed my cactus test to the server and the ServletTestRunner runs
the test correctly. Now, I am trying to run the same test from the command
line using the JUnit swingui TestRunner. I have isolated this testcase into
a project all by itself and the libraries that came with the cactus-13-1.7.2
build. The problem is that the GUI for the test runner comes up, but it
won't run the test and I am getting this exception in the console:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader
hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed. (Caused by
org.a
pache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader
hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.) (Caused by
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader
 hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed. (Caused by
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader
hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.))

I searched the archives for org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfiguration and
found two posts that refer to this problem and neither have been super
helpful. One of them suggested there is a problem with JUnit. Does anyone
know how I can get this to work?

Here is my code:
import junit.framework.*;
import org.apache.cactus.*;
import junit.swingui.*;

public class TestControl extends ServletTestCase {

        public TestControl(String theName)
    {
        super(theName);
    }

        public static Test suite()
    {
        ServletTestSuite suite = new ServletTestSuite();
        suite.addTestSuite(TestControl.class);
        return suite;
    }

        public void testMumboJumbo(){
                assertEquals(Boolean.TRUE, Boolean.TRUE);
        }

            junit.swingui.TestRunner.main(new String[]
{TestControl.class.getName()});
    }
}

and I have a cactus.properties that defines cactus.contextURL pointing to
the deployed ServletTestCase that still runs with the ServletTestRunner. So,
I think that I have set everything up correctly.

Has anyone else seen this and what is the work around?

Regards,
Danimal