From: Franz Roth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 11:26 AM
To: Cactus Users List
Subject: Re: I got NullPointer Exception when I test my ejb (EJB3.0
version) using Junit with Cactus

hi,

in your sample-code the sampleFacede is never instantiated; so it's null

while you're trying to find somthing with it?!

HI,

 My code is like this.

public class SampleFacadeTest extends ServletTestCase {

    @EJB

    SampleFacadeLocal sampleFacade;

    public void setUp() {

    }

    public static Test suite()

    {

        return new TestSuite(SampleFacadeTest.class);

    }

    */

    public void testFind() throws Exception{

        String firsName =  "Rick";

        String testName = sampleFacade.find(112233).getFirstName();

        assertEquals(firsName , testName);

    }

}

The sampleFacade variable got null pointer exception at line

String testName = sampleFacade.find(112233).getFirstName();

EJB3.0 is new thing. I wish I could get answer from here.

Thanks.

franz roth
schulstr. 15
72669 Unterensingen