Hi

I have written cactus testcases to test my components in java eg.
TestUserAuthentication.java tests for authenticating the user functionality.

These are the set of classes I have

(1) test-data.xml - is a xml file that contains my test data (my test
classes read test data from this file)

(2) RootTestSuite.java - contains code to read from the test-data.xml file
                                   - which creates a suite of all the test
classes to be executed (to call the testclasses one by one)

(3) TestUserAuthentication.java - contains code to test authentication
module of a user
                                  - contains beginXXX(), testXXX(), endXXX()
methods

The problem is that my beginXXX() and endXXX() methods can get connected to
test-data.xml and fetch test-data but my testXXX() ONLY FOR THE FIRST
TESTXXX() METHOD EXECUTED cannot connect to the test-data.xml file. It
throws a NullPointerException. If I add code to connect to test-data.xml
(which is actually at only one place in RootTestSuite.java as of now) in the
TestXXX() method - it can retrieve test data and works fine.

Is this how cactus architecture is? As the testXXX() methods are executed in
the container right? Could someone please also explain the architecture to
me - from the docs - I am not very clear on what one means when they refer
to Client and Server for Cactus.

The weird part to this problem is everything works fine on my local windows
machine but the problem occurs on the Linux box when i try executing the
script via Ant.

I have been stuck with this problem for quite some time and would appreciate
if someone can help me out on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
TY