> There are a lot of methods, like _login_authenticate, which have leading
> underscores but are expected to be overridden in your subclass.  This
> goes against convention in most Perl projects and makes it difficult to
> distinguish at a glance which methods in Framework.pm are public and which are
> private.  Can we rename these?

Yes, that's the plan.

However, the larger plan is to integrate CGI::Application::Plugin::Auth,
so if you're going to rename these methods please consider how it will
fit in with CAP::Auth integration.

If you want to take a stab at integrating CAP::Auth, be aware that
CAP::Auth currently requires CAP::Session.  So here's a list of what
needs to be done:

  * switch CAF from Apache::SessionX to CAP::Session
    * First, provide a patch to CAP::Session so that $self->session can
      provide hash access as well as 'param' access.  Cees has said that
      he's open to a patch like this.

    * Next, integrate CAP::Session into the CAF config system.  My
      suggestions:
      * by default use database sessions and use the current database
        handle.  Do this by first integrating CAP::DBI and passing
        $self->dbh to CAP::Session.
      * also support file and dbm based sessions by munging the config
        data before passing it on to CAP::Session

  * switch CAF to CAP::Auth
    * integrate with CAF config system
    * possibly use CAP::Auth::CDBI driver (although CAF aims to be
      model-neutral eventually)
    * continue to provide hooks to the CAF application (auth, relogin,
      etc.).  These don't need to be named the same as they are
      currently

All this is on my todo list, so it will get done eventually, but I'm
really strapped for time at the moment, so if you've got the time and
energy you want to start on it, then go for it!

Michael

---
Michael Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>