I have the same problem, sometimes icon of the last launched program is
unreachable and doesn't react on any actions.

To reproduce:
1) Launch any program.
2) Minimize programs window by clicking on its icon. Restore window by clicking
on icon.
3) Launch another program. Try to minimize the last one by clicking on its
icon. In this moment focus indicator on icon disappear, and it doesn't react on
any action (left, right and middle click).

To fix its behaviour it's need to click on another program or applet icon on
panel, or switch focus to another application.
This bug appeared since 3.1.1 or 3.1.2, I'm not sure.
Also, I'm using Xubuntu 12.04 + compiz.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
Dock Devs, which is subscribed to Cairo-Dock Core.

Title:
  unreachable icons

Status in Cairo-Dock : Core:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  CD version 3.1.2

  I've set the place where new icons of programs not already on the dock
  goes between two separators and sometimes when I want to click on
  them, they are not reachable, like they aren't any icons there. To
  reach them again I have to first pass my mouse on existing icons of
  the same dock and then I can reach them again. It happen sometimes and
  I don't know why and how reproduce this.