I'am pretty new to CakePHP, and I'm thinking about the posibility to
rewrite an already running web portal y admin entirely with Cake. I'm a
bit stuck with routes, maybe someone can help.

I'd like url's to be en the format (example):

[1] www.example.com/james-joyce -> info and bibliography about this
author
[2] www.example.com/james-joyce/ulysses -> info about this exact title.

So in [1] controller is "authors", and in [2] it's "books".

I've been playing around with app/config/routes.php but I can't figure
out how to pass tell Cake to use one controller if param count == 1 and
use other controller if param count == 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards -- Klaus.