I really love Cake so far, though I can't really get it running right
on my computer (WinXP running WAMP), but I think I just need to tweek a
few settings in the httpd file.

My one concern is the overall size of the package, first there is my
application, then there are the Cake files, would make for a large
package (possibly, though I may very well find my package size becoming
smaller with Cake.

The once main concern that I have is generally, the people I work with
(other non-profits) have very limited skills - some don't even know
what FTP is. Up until now, I've kept things very simple. They have
downloaded a single file from my site which they place in their root
directory, and the script uses CURL to download and install my
application automatically.

I'm worried that people will not know where to place the Cake
directories and such. Can anyone point me towards other applications
built with Cake?

Also, I'm not sure the license for Cake will allow me to distribute the
application the way I want. Since I represent a non-profit, all our
scripts are generally free, however, we do encode all files with
IonCube. This is done for security purposes only, and we have no
problem giving the source code to others to work with.

Somehow, I don't feel right about encoding something that isn't mine.

I really do love Cake so far, it seems to be easier to use and more
powerful than the other frameworks I've looked at. If I can get things
working with Cake, I'd be glad to offer you a case study on how Cake
has helped us.

Thanks
Sean