I am having the same problem -- I've tried asking Victor directly, but
no response.  Does anyone have suggestions?

I have tried variations of the model/controller names, including
LinksCategory, Linksections, and now Seclinks (thought maybe the name
was too long).  I had been trying to get a $hasMany relationship set
up, but even when I strip that out I'm getting errors.  Here's the
current versions:

models/seclink.php:
<?php

class Seclink extends AppModel {

        var $name = 'Seclink';
        }

?>

controllers/seclinks_controller.php:
<?php

class SeclinksController extends AppController {

        var $name = 'SeclinksController';
        var $scaffold;
        }

?>

table def in MySQL:

CREATE TABLE seclinks (
  id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  description varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  priority smallint(6) NOT NULL default '10',
  created datetime default NULL,
  modified datetime default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

I have 5 other models exactly like this that are working just fine.
I'm obviously missing something.  Can anyone help???

Thanks!!!

-Scott