> Flash doesn't redirect if you have DEBUG set > 0.
Thanks, didn't know this one!

> PHP doesn't have rights to save the cookie.
>
> If you put this somewhere (like at the end of your index.php file):
>
> echo "session id is ".session_id();
>
> and the id keeps changing, it's quite likely that there is a problem
> setting cookies rather than a cake specific problem.

The session id kept changing, just like you said. So i tried setting
the CAKE_SESSION_SAVE to cake instead of php.

Now it works on my development computer!

I will try to figure out why CAKE_SESSION_SAVE - php doesn't work.
More on this later!

In the mean time, thanks for your pointers.