Hi,

nate wrote:

> Model::save( ) resets the validations array before executing.

Why? This was different before 1.0 and there was a tutorial on how to
invalidate fields with custom functions.

> If you want to do custom model validations, either use a callback
> inside the model, or call validates( ) (i.e. $this->Person->validates( ))
> before calling save( ).

This seems to be overly complicated. The manual doesn't mention it,
too. I modeled my custom validation after the code presented at
<http://manual.cakephp.org/chapter/11>, and of course it doesn' work
anymore with 1.0 - is there an example for using model callbacks? I'd
think you need to put that into a bforeSave() function, don't you?

Regards,

Dominik.