Hi,

Daneel wrote:

> In the track site and found one ticket regarding this issue
> (https://trac.cakephp.org/ticket/733) [...]

Yeah, that's probably the way to handle such things.

> I reopened the bug with the patch, but it was marked as
> invalid again with the resolution that "we have to deal with it".

IMHO "deal with it" is never an appropriate explanation for rejecting a
patch - it should at least be stated why accepting the patch would be
harmful.

> I don't think my patch brokes anything and don't understand why they
> don't apply it, specially when this issue is new to the last version of
> CakePHP.

I don't understand this reaction by gwoo. As long as it's no ambiguous
field name, sorting just by just the name is no problem. When I tried
to fix that within my pagination methods in the app_controller, this
didn't work with the 'Model.modified', I had to use
'tablename.modified' - which makes things more complicated (I have one
pagination default for sorting by the 'modified' date used in various
tables - but now I have to pass the tablename as an additional
parameter). Or I'd have to code som extra glue logic to read the table
used for the model into my controller ... .

> Everybody interested can find the patch in the ticket.

Yes, but it's a bit tiresome to do this with every release. And
according to the posts here, there are quite a few people stumbling
over this issue.

Regards,

Dominik.