On May 9, 2006, at 9:05 AM, Dusty wrote:
<snipped>

The problem is that the vlogs page knows nothing
about the "4".  All of my relationships in my models and
controllers and tables is correct I believe.
How do I tell the "vlogs" model the right "vehicle_id"
top insert the record with.  What is the correct "cake"
way of doing this ??

In your VlogsController, you should have an add function. It should look something like this:

<?
class VlogsController extends AppController
{
function add($id)
{
//make sure you have the $id parameter - this is where you can use the ID passed in by the URL
// so calling /vlogs/add/23 would mean that $id = 23 at this point.
?>

Basically:

/controller/action/var1/var2/var3

calls

Controller::action('var1', 'var2', 'var3');

Hope that helps.

-- John