Ok lets try this one last time.

You DOCUMENT ROOT in the path where apache looks for the app/webroot.
Where did you install cake? Is it in a sub directory of your web accessible path?
If this is the case, or you do not have DOCUMENT ROOT set to app/webroot, then  you need to copy the favicon.ico to your webservers root path
This would be www.example.com/  << where ever this would be directed

And correct me if I am wrong this only happens with Fire Fox?

--
/**
* @author Larry E. Masters

Ok, this is what I got:

Array
(
    [Config] => Array
        (
            [rand] => 2397
            [time] => 1147224143
            [userAgent] => ed1c6dfd48691613681e0b701c02a7d4
        )

    [Customers] => Array
        (
            [id] => favicon.ico