From: "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Cake PHP" <cake-php@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: saving hasAndBelongsToMany without form?
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 09:59:02 -0700

Aha! I think I actually had it right before, but Cake appears to care
about the order of the top-level array. So if it goes ('Post', 'Tag')
it works but if it goes ('Tag', 'Post) it doesn't.

It would be neat if a future version of Cake could take this a step
further and create associated records on the fly. So if instead of
supplying an ID you supplied an array of fields (like you do for a
normal save operation), it would create the relevant tag record. Right
now saving with existing tags is easy, but I still need to create new
ones manually.