> My getGroupOrder() javascript function serializes my sortable list and
> returns the values as a "string" separated by &'s for tokenization in
> my contoller class "updateitemorder"  .  "updateitemorder" is able to
> access the string with the following statement:
>
> $args=$this->params['data']['Item']['hiddeninput'];  //$args now
> contains the data that was in 'hiddeninput'  from the form

hi reggie,

first, sorry for the delayed reply!

you've done pretty much what I've done :)

I have a JS function that writes out the content of my lists to a var
then submits the form, yours is a touch more elegant as it doesn't
require the writeSortOrders function to submit the form.

looks like we're singing from the same hymsheet at least :)

jb

--

jon bennett
t: +44 (0) 1225 341 039 w: http://www.jben.net/