I just installed Cake v1 thinking that some of the bugs that I had seen
earlier might be fixed.  I am pleased to say most of them are.

I am working with an Oracle database and tried using adodb-oci8.  It
seems to connect ok (when I change the connection string I get a
connection error, so I'm thinking it is connecting ok).  But I get a
'No Database table for model' error message.  I know the table is
there.

Is there a way to check the db connection?  Can I do any raw sql to try
to gather some information about what might be causing this?

I tried creating a tests_controller with '$uses=null;' statement so I
could try to access the db directly, but I get a notice: 'Notice:
Undefined property: TestsController::$Test in
...cake\libs\controller\scaffold.php on line 431'.

Any more ideas?