@Kace:
Developers have opinions, as you have clearly expressed.
PhpNut, Nate and I, along with others regularly discuss our
differences of opinion.
This is actually what makes Cake work so well. As AD7six pointed out
twice, routes
is the answer to your question.

Count how many people have trouble and then comeback saying "I
figured it out"
or "wow, this is neat" or as pat recently said "i may be getting a
hang of this"
and you will find that there are many people enjoying Cake.

That said, it  sounds to me like you are looking for reasons not to
use a framework.
Understand that each framework is one of personal tastes. You say any
strategy that
works sometimes and not sometimes is fundamentally flawed, when in
fact this is the purpose
of the 80% rule that most frameworks live by. For the other 20%, you
could always modify
things to your liking.