I seem to be having a similar problem.
I have not gotten to the root of the problem, but so far i narrowed the problem down to a Model->findAll() call not respecting the $recursive parameter.  After looking at the model_php4.php file's findAll() , it seems like no matter what value i pass into the function for the $recursive parameter it is all evaluated as null in the function.  In addition , changing the $recursive's default value directly in the function declaration seems to have no effect either .  This leads me to believe that there is another location where $recursive is being set to null.  I might be completely off base with this theory, however i wanted to get it out there and see if anyone can confirm or deny this behaviour .

oko .

I installed the new cake folder, but now I get the errors pasted below
at the top of my page. Probably related, the little debug section with
database queries and query times is missing.

Notice: Undefined index: fields in
/Library/WebServer/Documents/phplibs/cake/libs/model/datasources/dbo_source.php
on line 978

Notice: Undefined index: conditions in
/Library/WebServer/Documents/phplibs/cake/libs/model/datasources/dbo_source.php
on line 985

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/Library/WebServer/Documents/phplibs/cake/libs/model/datasources/dbo_source.php
on line 1199

Notice: Undefined index: order in
/Library/WebServer/Documents/phplibs/cake/libs/model/datasources/dbo_source.php
on line 986