nate,

Thanks for that - that works great! I've got one more related question
for the group.

I've had to make a small change to DboSource::showLog() to add a <div
id="sqllog"> </div> wrapper to the whole thing. (Guess I could have
added an id= to the table on reflection). This allows me to hide the
query results by default and have them shown using a little control
pannel I create using CSS.

Two questions:

1. Is there a better way to do this without modifying the core libs?
if not then...
2. Would this be useful to anyone else? or does it seem like a good
idea? Probibally the nicest thing would be to have something like
$cakeDebug for the sql log - then people could do what they want with
it.

j.