I was having the flash calls hang as well, and discovered that I hadn't set

define('SERVER_IIS', true);

in app/config/core.php.  On the other hand, I don't recall whether or not
you're on a Windows server with IIS, so this may or may not be your problem.

David

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/09/06 9:28 AM >>>

OK so I uncommented the define('BASE_URL'  line from
/app/config/core.php and removed all of the .htaccess files (using the
15 min blog tutorial on my web host).  The index, add, view, edit
controller actions & views seem to work fine until you add/view/edit
and continue from there.  It should take you back to /posts/index but
it just keeps appending the relative url in the flash() call to the end
of the current url so you never get back to /posts/index.

Give it a try if you want to see the weirdness:

http://cake.smartabouthealth.com

I also set the document root to /app/webroot/ since this is a
"production" server.  Any ideas what's going on?  Do I have to change
all of my flash() and link() calls if I"m using Cake's pretty URLs
instead of mod_rewrite & .htaccess?