Nate--
So sorry, I was so excited too, to be finally over with this problem,
but, sad to say, it didn't work.  As I said above, I am getting the
same error with every tutorial I try.

http://jobboard.bernardtransportation.com/CAKE/tasks   (at least I get
something on this page, but it is not working right either.  If you add
a new task first, I don't get the Fatal Error, but if you just click on
a job.. it will remove it, but I get the fatal error.)

http://jobboard.bernardtransportation.com/CAKE/gallery_controller/
(this one I don't get anything on the page but the Fatal error).

Thank you so much for trying to help.  This can be so frustrating, but
when something works, the rewards are wonderful!