Hi all,
I wanted to see what others think of this before I request this feature
more formally. I may very well have missed something. (like why it is
not there already or where I have missed finding it)

<?php echo $html->css('my_style'); ?>
The above line creates a normal link tag for a CSS file.

I prefer to have my CSS inserted using an @import statement. I would
therefore be happy to see either a new method in html helper or an
added parameter to the existing one. That would spit out a style tag
with an @import to the CSS file as below.

    @import url(/css/my_style.css);

Now I don't know which mehod of implementation would be preferable. I
leave that up to the active developers of Cake.

As with most thing in the helpers it is no big and complicated thing.
It is just one of those thing I would expect to find and which would
speed things up a bit for me (for one).