I think that cake have SelectBySql()

it's works at mssql I think that will work at mysql ...

SELECT first_name + last_name as full_name from my table?

Olivier Percebois-Garve escreveu:
Well if it is mysql specific you could use DESCRIBE.
With that you could then get the fieldname in the table and play with them in order to find first_ and last_

olivvv

John Zimmerman [gmail] wrote:
This is more of a MySQL question than a CakePHP question, but I thought I would ask here first.

I did a little bit of searching on this but can't find any decent leads to the answer so far.  I am hoping someone here just knows, as I don't know exactly how to refer to what I am trying to do.

I am working with PHP 5, MySQL 5 and CakePHP 1.1.4.x.

What I would like to know is this....

Is it possible to have a "virtual" or "composite" type field in MySQL that is basically two other fields put together?  AND if this feature exists in MySQL is it useable with CakePHP?

A simplistic example of this would be that in a table called 'users' I would have fields of 'first_name' and 'last_name'.  What I would like to do is to be able to query for 'name' and get "first_name"."last_name".

So basically...
  • first_name = John
  • last_name = Zimmerman
  • when I query for 'name' I want to get "John Zimmerman"
Any help is appreciated.