I'm currently considering several MVC PHP frameworks and so far,
CakePHP seems to be the best choice.

However, as I will be using it to create large applications, I was
wondering if it is possible to organisatie Controllers, Models, Views
in subdirectories. Our largest application - which is build in a custom
framework - currently has 140+ modules which would roughly translate to
an equal amount of Controllers and Models in CakePHP. We are about to
start a brand new project which will have 400+ modules.

What I would like to be able to do is to create subdirectories like
'content', 'admin', 'student' etc. and put the Controller files in
these subdirectories. Same for Models and Views. Then I would expect
these to be called by something like /content/news/view/1

Is this possible in CakePHP, possibly by overriding some core classes?