Not exactly.

When using div/divEnd, you *must* specify one or more div id's in the
'update' key of the link, so that the div's will know how to render.
In your example above, you should put 'update' => 'second' in your Ajax
link.

Also, while you can update the div's in one view with content from
another view, the original design idea behind these methods was to
allow you to write one view template to serve both HTML *and* Ajax
requests.  Maybe that'll help it make a little more sense.  I know it's
a little bit much to wrap your head around.  If I were you, I'd start
with some basic Ajax app design, i.e. write one view for the initial
request, and one view for each element of the page you'd like to
updatem until you start getting a feel for the way Cake handles Ajax
views and updates.